Monday, March 18, 2013

Wedding Invitations: Rustic Flowers for My Best Friend

Designing rustic wedding invitations for my best friend.

I designed my best friend's Save the Dates in April 2012, and had the honor of creating her wedding invitations as well!

Jill's great. We attacked these invites together, creating a joint Pinterest board to share styles we liked, highlighting different fonts, colors, layouts, etc. I can't stress enough how wonderful Pinterest is for collaborative projects such as these.

It was clear what Jill liked: script fonts but with rustic imagery. Her wedding was outside, so she didn't want to over-formalize the occasion with stuffy invitations. I found the Angel Tears font and EUREKA!  I knew it would strike the perfect balance.

At first, I was afraid that the color combination we landed on was too summery, but it turned out to be the perfect transition, as her wedding day had fall colors as its backdrop, with the 80 degrees of a summer day.





Jill and I went back and forth on the "Heck Yeah!" RSVP option, but in the end, it felt more appropriate for the couple to include it. This wedding was just going to be too much fun.

The small website tag was tied around each invitation with twine, adding to the outdoorsy nature of the invitations.



Nice touch, no? I got a ton of compliments on these babies, and I couldn't be happier that some of my best work was for my best friend.






















Photo by Amber Engfer Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love by telling me what you love!