Monday, March 18, 2013

Wedding Invitations: Blue and Orange Tulip

Designing blue and orange invitations for my sister.

Dealing with the wedding planning for my sister's nuptials was, at times, trying. (We won't mention how my normally calm, cool & collected mother turned into a crazy momzilla in the 11th hour... different story for a different time.) But my sister hates planning things that she doesn't care about. That would include anything related to weddings except the booze and food.

This is how a typical conversation with my sister would go:

Me: "Hey Amanda! Did you want me to help with your invites?"
Amanda: "Uhhh.... sure."
Me: "Okay! What do you want them to look like?"
Amanda: "Blue."
Me: "Blue... anything else?"
Amanda: "Nope, just blue. Nothing too fancy."
Me: "Do you want them to be modern or rustic or..."
Amanda: "Blue."

It was like pulling teeth. While it's great to have creative freedom, it's terrifying to design something for someone's big day with absolutely no direction.

My attempt was to keep things simple and clean, like my no-fuss sister. Her favorite flowers are tulips, her wedding colors were blue (did you catch that earlier?) and orange, and she didn't want them to be "too fancy," which led to the inspiration for the design. Here's where I landed:















































































My sister claimed that she liked them, which is probably the most glowing review that I could ever expect from her.

Pro tip: Square invitations are actually more expensive to send. Something about not being easy for the postal machines to sort them. This sounds crazy to me, but I don't make the rules. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love by telling me what you love!